(9 July 2013, at the MAC, Birmingham, 9.30am – 4.30pm)
Arts Connect WM have commissioned this event for artistic directors, learning managers, development officers, individual artists, heritage learning consultants and cultural freelancers to address these questions:
• How do we bid for new commissions without losing our identity?
• When the commissioners’ needs change, do we need to redefine our creative offer?
• What can we do to build partnerships that bring out the best in all of us?
The day will combine:
• joint exploration of case studies and experiences of change
• creative activity
• group discussion and reflection
During a day-long workshop, Manchester Camerata will provide you with a creative opportunity to explore, reflect on and learn about these testing aspects of the commissioning process; and try new approaches to tackling commissioning bids and developing enriching partnerships. The workshop will be facilitated by Nick Ponsillo, Head of Learning & Participation, and colleague Chris Pearson, from Manchester Camerata, with musicians, a composer and visual artist. There are 20 places available. Refreshments and lunch will be included and the workshop will take place in the airy English Studio overlooking the park.
There is no charge to attend, but we will charge a penalty of £75 if you book a place and don’t turn up.
To book a place, contact Nick Ponsillo at Manchester Camerata by phone – 0161 226 8696 – or email NPonsillo@manchestercamerata.com
Please click here to download pdf of details: Creative Approaches to Commissioning_INFO_13-07-09